Least resource-hungry tyre marks effect?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: click, coin, damage, fail, jump, level up,message, shot
  • I heard some folks mention using paster (not tried it yet) but supringly, I couldn't find as many good examples of "skid marks" as I was hoping to find through the forums. Would paster be the best way of achieving this? If so, I'm not sure how to use it and could use a suggestion. If not, would creating a lot of sprites be too heavy?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you want the skid marks to persist -- i.e. last forever -- then I would definitely recommend using Paster so you don't have a bunch of static objects all over the place.

Here's an example I pulled together showing how to do skid marks(using Paster):

Skid Marks with Paster

• If you want the skid marks to persist -- i.e. last forever -- then I would definitely recommend using Paster so you don't have a bunch of static objects all over the place.

Skid Marks with Paster

linkman2004 this is perfect! Just currently trying to adjust it for my needs to the skids happen at a slower speed with less of an intense turn required to start the skid, which is a more cartoony effect, but would work for my purposes, more like any kinda of near-right-angle would cause a skid. Adjusting the two globals hasn't helped much so far, is there another bit that needs tweaking for this kind of effect?

• SKIDTHRESHOLD should be a value between 0 and 1, with values closer to 1 requiring less intense skidding to produce marks. SKIDINTENSITY can theoretically be anything, but I recommend values between 0 and 100, 100 being the most intense. As it is right now, the opacity of the skid marks is a function of tire grip and SKIDINTENSITY, so you get a gradual fade in as the skid intensifies, but you could simply set the opacity to SKIDINTENSITY directly for a more instant effect.

• SKIDTHRESHOLD should be a value between 0 and 1, with values closer to 1 requiring less intense skidding to produce marks. SKIDINTENSITY can theoretically be anything, but I recommend values between 0 and 100, 100 being the most intense. As it is right now, the opacity of the skid marks is a function of tire grip and SKIDINTENSITY, so you get a gradual fade in as the skid intensifies, but you could simply set the opacity to SKIDINTENSITY directly for a more instant effect.

I set the skidintensity to 88 and changed the gripstrength setter to "abs((Turt.car.VectorX / Turt.car.Speed) * cos(Turt.Angle) + (Turt.car.VectorY / Turt.car.Speed) * sin(Turt.Angle))/1.05" by adding "/1.05" and it seems to have made things closer to my needs! This is actually really perfect and solves my skid soundfx issues by allowing me to use the gripstrength as a soundfx trigger!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/917406/Example%20CAPXs/skidMarks.capx Skid Marks with Paster

The link is not working, can someone help?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)