LAN preview problem

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • So I have been away from C2 for more than a year, I came back.

I still have my old capx file, so I tried the LAN preview tutorial by Ashley and all but it didn't work for my old file. The preview on my smartphone is blank.

I tried to open a new blank file and it loaded the preview smoothly.

I just want to ask what other factors (from a file to file basis) can affect whether it loads successfully on LAN preview or not?

• Most likely your file is just too old. Something has probably been updated/changed since you last made that file. Have you downloaded the latest update?

• Most likely your file is just too old. Something has probably been updated/changed since you last made that file. Have you downloaded the latest update?

Oh, yeah that is definitely true. I last used version 200 and now the latest stable version (which I downloaded) is 227. So what changes do I need to make? about graphics? or events? or what other aspects?

I already changed some minor stuff (like positions of objects in layout) then resaved in this C2v227 I have right now but it still doesn't load the preview on my phone.

edit:

It only works on Firefox among the browser preview options.... if that helps.

Also works in NWJS preview.

• Post your capx.

• I got it to work (at times) although it takes a while and it lags (when it did load successfully).

I have a question:

There is always a message appearing in firefox mobile that says

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete."

Script: http:/[insert my LAN adress here]:50000/Sprite_plugin.js:79

[] Don't ask me again.

Stop script Continue

Edit:

Tried it again and the "Sprite plugin 79" is replaced by "common prelude js 48" or "eveng js 2031"

No idea what they mean

Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. What is the 79 there supposed to mean?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you sure your events don't run an infinite loop?

It's almost impossible to help unless you can share the .capx, and ideally a minimal .capx.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)