Keeping track of board game positions

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • I currently have a project where I lay out a grid and on the start of the layout, create a dictionary that parses an XML file I have to manually create that lists every UID of the spaces and their adjacent tiles and marks them as free (0). So <UID, free/taken>.

The player can obviously only move to adjacent tiles (found though the XML parse) and if the adjacent tile is marked as 0. Anywhere the player moves, its obviously marked as 1. Also, the UID lets the player's piece move to that object as well which is kinda nice.

Tiles are not just in a line. they're hexagons, so it can have up to 8 adjacent tiles at one time.

Any suggestions as to a better method of doing this? The XML config is nice, but its a pain in the arse to have to redo for every level and will probably end up causing problems in the long run. I chose to do that initially because it was the only method I initially thought of that would work.

EDIT:

Currently looking at

scirra.com/forum/pluginboard-layout2board-behavior-grid-move_topic51891.html

Maybe will pursue this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)