Isometric racing game?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
75 vehicle sound effects, from real looping car engines to jet aircraft and sci-fi engines.
  • Is this possible? A isometric racing game? Maybe even using the car behavior?

I know how to do the art side of things.

But how does isometric games movement work? Wouldn't it be different in a isometric racing game?

Also camera movement. How would the logic of this work? You would need to follow the player but allow the player to see slightly ahead of its current position.

Hmmm, Has anyone got a example?

Im not asking for someone to do this for me, But point me in the right direction, But if someone does have a example to share thanks :D

• If you've seen it done in some 2d game it should be doable in Construct.

The main difference between top view movement and isometric(2:1) movement is when moving vertically it is moving half the speed of when it's moving horizontally.

Camera movement is done the same way as top view just gradually move the camera ahead of the direction the player is going.

Ex:

/examples%208/isoracing.capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imp0a38pctqnl ... .capx?dl=1

• Nice example R0J0hound, added to the how do I FAQ, thank you.

• Thanks your the man! I thought it would be much more difficult

• Awesome R0J0hound, thanks for sharing.

• thanks R0J0hound

• R0J0hound, Im sooo sorry I forgot to thank you for this. Had no internet. But Now i do.

THANKS!!!!

Really appreciate it man.

• Great example, 3 lines and problem solved, that's freakin awesome!

• Thanks mate.

Found this wonderfull program yesterday (13.2.13) and its the best drop and drag game creation software.

Thanks guys.

Will.

willbrownltd.co.uk/html5.html

• great solution but the problem I'm having is; when the car bumps into anything solid, it forces the car into a turn. I'm assuming because there's a bit of impact forcing the Angle of Motion to change for a split second.

Is there any way to mitigate this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you've seen it done in some 2d game it should be doable in Construct.

The main difference between top view movement and isometric(2:1) movement is when moving vertically it is moving half the speed of when it's moving horizontally.

Camera movement is done the same way as top view just gradually move the camera ahead of the direction the player is going.

Ex:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/example ... 2011-12-27 01:40:04

Shot in the dark here, but you wouldn't happen to have an updated link for the isometric racing example would you R0J0Hound? I tried clicking on it now and it says the file doesn't exist.

• hodgemonkey

Make sure you tag a user correctly when trying to attract them to a thread.

R0J0hound has been updating links quite a lot recently due to the changes introduced by Dropbox, but he does need to be made aware of the request.

Give him a day or two and hopefully he will have updated this link.

• gamecherry you could try making it bounce back.

• link updated

• Thanks R0J0hound for the updated link, you rock! Super helpful. Also thanks zenox98 for the advice and tagging R0J0hound. I'm pretty new to posting in the forums here lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)