Is this even possible?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • What I'm wanting to do is to create a multi-level match 3 game, something along the lines of Candy Crush or Farm Hero Saga, initially for Facebook, and then exporting to Android and iOS provided popularity and money.

I've got the story planned out. I have the initial sketches for design. I have a basic match 3 system set up, and ideas to improve it.

I've looked up tuts covering everything except Monetization for in-app purchases and how that works (primarily due to not being able to find it yet) and creating custom buttons (although I do have an idea there.)

What I need to know is this, is this harebrained scheme even possible?

Would it be possible to create a demo version of the game using the free version of Construct 2, and then after obtaining funds, creating the rest using the Personal License?

(Or creating it in a series of different files and then piecing them all together after obtain the Personal License, since I doubt I'll want to stop after getting the demo finished.

Many thanks for any and all help.

• Hey, I gotta say, using construct with free license is very restricted. I don't believe that anyone can finish a fully functional game with the free version. Besides, you won't be able to export and publish your game until you get a personal license.

• Would it be possible to create a demo version of the game using the free version of Construct 2, and then after obtaining funds, creating the rest using the Personal License?

I understand your statement in 2 ways:

1) If you're getting funds using your game made with free license, you're not allowed, this is discussed recently.

2) If your demo is only for show (i.e you want to show your demo to your sponsor), yes you can by uploading them to Scirra Arcade, or your own host. As long as you're not doing to make quick money or something.

PS: The store is very useful if one doesn't have a fund to purchase C2 license, you can sell something there and use to fund your license. Cheers!

• no chance with free version. Get the license

• Thank you all for your responses.

> Would it be possible to create a demo version of the game using the free version of Construct 2, and then after obtaining funds, creating the rest using the Personal License?

>

I understand your statement in 2 ways:

1) If you're getting funds using your game made with free license, you're not allowed, this is discussed recently.

2) If your demo is only for show (i.e you want to show your demo to your sponsor), yes you can by uploading them to Scirra Arcade, or your own host. As long as you're not doing to make quick money or something.

PS: The store is very useful if one doesn't have a fund to purchase C2 license, you can sell something there and use to fund your license. Cheers!

DuckfaceNinja- What I had intended to do was to use free version to create a demo, a "this is what the game is so far" along with screenshots of the rest of the work I'll have done, and doing a kickstarter in order to gain enough money to purchase the license, afterwards connecting the pieces of the code, into the full code and uploading from there.

I hope that's clearer, and still allowed?

As to the store, do many people on site use it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DuckfaceNinja- What I had intended to do was to use free version to create a demo, a "this is what the game is so far" along with screenshots of the rest of the work I'll have done, and doing a kickstarter in order to gain enough money to purchase the license, afterwards connecting the pieces of the code, into the full code and uploading from there.

I hope that's clearer, and still allowed?

I believe this apply to number 2), if you're raising a fund for your license, this should be allowed, since your using it "just for show". However, might be best to email directly to Scirra support to get definite answer.

• > DuckfaceNinja- What I had intended to do was to use free version to create a demo, a "this is what the game is so far" along with screenshots of the rest of the work I'll have done, and doing a kickstarter in order to gain enough money to purchase the license, afterwards connecting the pieces of the code, into the full code and uploading from there.

> I hope that's clearer, and still allowed?

>

I believe this apply to number 2), if you're raising a fund for your license, this should be allowed, since your using it "just for show". However, might be best to email directly to Scirra support to get definite answer.

Will do, thank you kindly.

• My advise contact TOM or Ashley or Julian and get advice from them. Then you will know where you stand

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)