Is on mobile?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • I'm not finding any reasonable methods to determine if a web game is being played on a mobile device.

Has anyone found a way?

If not can we get one implemented?

• I'm not finding any reasonable methods to determine if a web game is being played on a mobile device.

Has anyone found a way?

If not can we get one implemented?

Is the Is On Mobile system expression no good?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OK, thanks.

Thought there was something, but it's not in the browser plug apparently.

• I am skeptical of relying on this and wonder if the system condition ought to exist at all. The question is "what defines mobile?" Most people would say a tablet qualifies, but then what if you add a keyboard? Then a mouse? Now you have a laptop, which most people would say qualify as a desktop type system. What about a large phone with a mouse and keyboard attached? Where do you draw the line? If you force a touch-only UI on these devices, aren't you ignoring the fact they can type and use a mouse?

IIRC the condition basically checks if it's a "mobile OS", i.e. Android, iOS, Windows Phone (which now is just part of Windows 10, making the distinction even blurrier). But note those devices can also run in what is essentially a desktop mode.

• Unfortunately I'm working with third parties, and they only work on mobile.

I'd try to find out how they define mobile, but that really won't give me a solution, as they don't offer a way to determine if its working or not.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)