is it possible

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Is there a way to make a game look ouside at night with effects, I'm meaning night time lighting.

• can you explain what you mean, Such as is it geography location you want real time nights. or do you want a look outside of window to be like night time.

• can you explain what you mean, Such as is it geography location you want real time nights. or do you want a look outside of window to be like night time.

I guess I have both in mind, I'm trying to make a game in woods at night

I have multiply and darken effects added to some early graphics it looks ok but could be better.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From an artists's point of view, you really should create a second set of assets for night time for a natural look. Objects change the way they look in different ways when lit by different sources of light. There isn't really a quick filter you can use to simulate this in a sprite based engine.

Even with a 3d engine it is simpler, but it can take a lot of work to customize lighting for a proper night scene. This is why a lot of games opt out of having day/night cycles, sometimes it isn't worth the time investment.

• From an artists's point of view, you really should create a second set of assets for night time for a natural look. Objects change the way they look in different ways when lit by different sources of light. There isn't really a quick filter you can use to simulate this in a sprite based engine.

Even with a 3d engine it is simpler, but it can take a lot of work to customize lighting for a proper night scene. This is why a lot of games opt out of having day/night cycles, sometimes it isn't worth the time investment.

thanks for that. all ive made was a tree and used a real ground texture from google. and theres no day time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)