intel XDK is only way to make my project into APK file????

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I just finished first tutorial and couldn't wait to see my shit on mobile device LOL

so I exported my project as android and really expected just to see nice single APK file in the folder but it wasn't LOL

WTF so many files and even index.html rofl

Anyway I found a tutorial below and managed to make APK file from my projectok now my question is, intel XDK is only way to turn my project into APK????

The whole process with XDK so annoying lol

• ah tutorial URL automatically removed coz I'm not permitted to post URL yet lol

• Hint: Try search

• Look at the export options... look at the manual... look at the tutorials... use the search function.... Any of the exporters that support android should at some point in their process give you an APK. That doesn't mean Construct 2 gives you an APK directly though. (CocoonJS, XDK, PhoneGap)

• BluePhaze

Thx for giving me more clue about this

So using which way (cocoonJS, XDK or phonegap?) I can get the smallest file size of APK?

I made an APK (the first shooting monster tutorial) with intel XDK and

WTF APK file size is 19MB LOL (I think it supposed to be like 2MB only)

Which way is the best way to get APK with smallest file size and how much I can reduce?

Please help me :')

• In my experience using CocoonJS further reduces the size Intel XDK, but you should know that both insert libraries for use.

• CocoonJS and Intel XDK both ad wrappers to your game (basically they add a built in browser around it) that add to the size of the APK. Intel adds 17MB to your game size with their wrapper.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried cocoonJS and size became 7MB from 19MB that's good part

but cocoonJS added 3 second intro of ludei and seems there's no option to remove it.

If cannot remove that's really joke lol

I'd prefer to pay rather than having 3 seconds of other brand intro in my game.

• I tried cocoonJS and size became 7MB from 19MB that's good part

but cocoonJS added 3 second intro of ludei and seems there's no option to remove it.

If cannot remove that's really joke lol

I'd prefer to pay rather than having 3 seconds of other brand intro in my game.

I wouldn't worry about this too much right now. You still need to make a game first.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)