Inserting Videos into Games or Productions?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • I just found out about C2 yesterday, and have been looking into it. Is it possible to insert videos, that short excerpts (made with a video camera) into a game of C2 production? Any risks or downsides to doing so? What would be the recommended video file type, say .mov, or .mp4 or divx?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have the same question and this was asked on 2 Jan, hasn't the moderator seen it?

Any answers?

• Hi.

There are many reasons for the lack of response, but asking in the correct section would help. It also the case that the same questions get asked over and over again, when a simple search would get you an answer much quicker.

HERE is a video plugin with explanation and example. If you still have questions, it would be better to post in the 'How do I' section.

• Moving to 'How do I'.

The complicated thing is like with audio there isn't one video format that plays on all platforms. So you will have to dual-encode your video and figure out a way to play the right format depending on the platform.

• Moving to 'How do I'.

The complicated thing is like with audio there isn't one video format that plays on all platforms. So you will have to dual-encode your video and figure out a way to play the right format depending on the platform.

Ashley yes i figured out, i noticed why some browsers won't use .ogg and .webm as standard video format, they would use .mp4 but not royalty-free.

The biggest problem are IE, Safari and mobiles won't support .ogg :/

Do you think would you able to fallback system?

• i have done a full ap with videos, and i used webm format wich works perfectly under pc-mac-linux and web standart.

its the better choice, webm its a very good video format with an exellent compression, better than h264, if we compare in file sizes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)