Improve cocoon projects performance

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • hi.. I read the topic about the changes to improve android games' performance but i've some questions..

how can i delete objects when they leave the viewport on the left? Not the layout but the viewport!

if I want to make the player to collect coins, all the instances (of the coins) continue to check for collision with player.. So they occupy a lot of cpu's work.. how can i solve this?

i saw the jungle platform tutorial but he used sprites instead of tiled images to build the map.. but a lot of sprites make the cpu works a lot

how can i use the tiles.png without using sprites?

thanks

• Any object NOT in the viewport is fine on rendering performance. The engine will not suffer any performance problem.

Object NOT in Viewport

-- Object < ViewportX(gamelayer) then object.destroy

As for collision. Ashley at some point should implement a better collision detection model(http://www.mikechambers.com/blog/2011/03/21/javascript-quadtree-implementation/). The reason Ash should is because it's the only way for the Platformer behaviour/plugin to use them effectivly. We could do a plugin for better collision, but then Platformer is still using the slower method :(. So not much of a point for a plugin version.

You need to use sprites. but only the objects references in the collision are the only ones checked against.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thank you so much! :)

but what's ViewportX?

a method that accepts a layer as argument?

i can't write that code..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)