Image Masking?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Is image masking possible within C2? I was hoping to find an effects filter in C2, but I couldn't find anything that works in the same way as masking in Flash or CSS. Am I overlooking it?

• I'm not sure what you mean by masking, but I think you should look into blendmodes. There's an example shipped with C2, which you can find in the new project dialog.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LittleStain

Thanks! I was looking for "effects." I overlooked the blend modes example.

What I mean by image masking is the "Destination out" blend mode example. Now that I know what C2 is calling it, I'm having a hard time recreating it. It works in the C2 example when I open it, but not when I try to recreate it in a different project. I think all you have to do is change the blend mode in the top overlapping sprite to destination out, but it doesn't have the same effect as in the example. The top overlapping sprite turns dark and opaque. I think all the settings are the same, WebGL enabled, but maybe there is something I'm missing? Can you take a look and see if it works for you?

Destination out trouble

• I can't take a look at the capx from here, but it sounds like you need to set Force Own Texture to "yes" in the layer's properties.

• ahr Ech

That did the trick. It's not explained very well in the manual. I appreciate your help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)