I need help please?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I am trying to make a FNAF game, yes i know, might seem stupid or whatever, only doing it to see if i can, im currently trying to make the door system and am struggling, would someone be able to give advice on what to do? Would help greatly, thanks

• have one layer as your main scenario, another one behind (showing the halls) put the doors behind the front layer so they can't be seen when open (up position) , move the doors with 8 direction or bullet behavior, and put a solid object to limit the movement. create variables to check is the door is open or closed when the button is pressed and move accordingly... that's all, you survived, go for your paycheck

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • have one layer as your main scenario, another one behind (showing the halls) put the doors behind the front layer so they can't be seen when open (up position) , move the doors with 8 direction or bullet behavior, and put a solid object to limit the movement. create variables to check is the door is open or closed when the button is pressed and move accordingly... that's all, you survived, go for your paycheck

I dont quite understand what you mean, tbh im fairly new to this, i did go through the tutorials and such tho.

This is what i got so far, In the gdrive link.

• Check this tutorial, maybe will help you :

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1155/f ... 6-am-clock

Actually, it wont let me post the link, ill pm you it if its ok?

• Check this tutorial, maybe will help you :

Ive checked that out, thats just the animation for the 5am to 6am clock, im not havin trouble with that at the moment gotten that working

drive.

google.

com/file/d/0B8cxVTQvtj-GQ2NPY0ZBWDlFYUU/view?usp=sharing

Thats the link, I couldnt post them properly as it wont allow me to currently, but i really need help with this.

• ,,,,,only one animation for doors...animation stop on first and last frame(animation speed =0)..

.........for open doors animation speed = 8

...for closing doors animation speed = -8

• Im now trying to make on every tick make the game check how many of the devices are ON, and based on that obtain the energy used in that tick. The more devices ON, the more energy wasted. As said by someone giving me advice, I have created the In use boolean on the devices that will use power, but i cant find a way to make it work. I cant get the game to check what devices are on or off.

Advice given to me:

I would suggest that you have, at the very least, a global variable for the amount of electricity available (the first game based the gameplay on managing energy), then have every energy-consumable device (doors, lights, cameras, etc) have an "In Use" boolean variable, just to let the program know when they are ON or OFF.

Now, on every tick make the game check how many of the devices are ON, and based on that you can obtain the energy used in that tick. The more devices ON, the more energy wasted.

Make use of the "In Use" boolean to toggle the lights and doors ON and OFF as well! That way, if Door_1 is "ON", then show the graphic for Door_1 closed. More or less like that.

• ------------

• ------------

How would I implement this? As I have a global number variable thats set to 200 for power

I want anything used to drain it slowly.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)