I have a problem, Infinite Runner

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A procedurally generated infinite runner in 3D for Construct 3!
  • So I'm trying to create an infinite runner game. This is my first serious project, and I really want to do a great job on it.

My problem is: The Auto-Runner template starts you off great, but one problem I am encountering is that the player is very jerky, and keeps on being pulled back by what seems to be friction. It does not make much sense to me as I am a relatively new Construct 2 user but I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about.

So to sum things up, how can I effectively have my player run smoothly without looking like it's lagging or being held back by the platform.

All help is appreciated, thank you!

• there is no physic behavior on any object. so I think that isn't friction.

and look closely event number 9 & 10

"Due to the acceleration of the platform movement, we need to do some tweaks to make sure the player doesn't gradually get pushed off to the left of the screen over time."

so it's not being held back by the platform

• Okay, so why does the template lag ever so often?

What I want is for the game to run smoothly, right now it's close but it isn't running as smooth as it should be. Esp when I apply an animation to my player, everything just gets really glitched out.

• can I see your capx?

• Here it is, the temporary player is sad right because things are not working out too well for him.. lol

• Does your sprite have animations? That will normally cause the player to be suddenly pulled back every now and then and will also sometimes stop the player from jumping.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah it does. I was actually going to create a separate post for that very question you just asked, so thanks for being insightful. I did a platformer tutorial by Ashley, and he showed how to use a playerbox so that the platformer behavior does not interfere with the animation. I tired doing this but I'm sure it's more complex than I presumed.

I just want to know how I can make everything run smoothly whilst including animations on the player.

If you could help me out that'd be great. Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)