I cant handle with one simple condition

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
5 levels with simple coding Source-code (.c3p) + HTML5 Exported
  • blackhornet Make or block cant be because SLOT animations: i2 & i31 MUST be played at the same time and after when 'mark' overlapping at the same time SLOTs >>>spawn object

• I prepare short movie what is going wrong

• [quote:25jvpyb0]i2 & i31 MUST be played at the same time

They cannot be played at the same time on the SAME entity, which is what your conditions are checking ; you're asking the system to pick entities that play both i2 AND i31, which is none, not entities that play i2 and entities that play i31 as separate sets.

Check the link on the previous page about events, conditions and picking.

(I can't open .capx either, 'still on r190)

• Animations are made up of images. A sprite can only show one image at a time. An animation only shows one image at a time. This implies that only one animation can be playing at any one time.

If you want something like this

sprite1 animation1 is playing AND sprite1 animation2 is playing THEN do SOMETHING

SOMETHING is never going to happen, because a sprite can only ever show one image at a time.

At least that's my understanding.

• nickl

"sprite1 animation1 is playing AND sprite1 animation2 is playing THEN do SOMETHING"

exacly in words this sounds like that.

I know this never will works, now i need some wise man to make code because i, thats why im asking for help

Needs an alternative solution with use

"SOMETHING is never going to happen, because a sprite can only ever show one image at a time."

in game i have 18 same sprites called 'Slot' so this slots have same animations, when i want, one slot show other animation.

Now i clearly express myself?

Sorry for my englis i use translator

• Ashley

C2 needs expressions to make that such events and conditions will work

or i dont know how use C2

or i can not describe my problem clearly in english and i cant explain what you guys should need to know about my problem

Can you tke look at this issue?

• You can't possibly expect Ashley to respond to this, it is just your misunderstanding about C2.

Anyway, after looking at your video I think I might understand what you're trying to do. Have a look at the capx and see if it's 'close' to what you're after. It's not the only solution and probably not the best.

[attachment=0:2u7hxlkr][/attachment:2u7hxlkr]

My understanding is this:

You have 1 sprite type 'x', with (at least) 2 animations

You want to create a 3rd sprite 'z', based on these conditions:

1. User selects sprite instance 'x1' and a marker is placed on it to indicate selection.

2. User then selects sprite instance 'x2' and a marker is also placed on it to indicate selection.

IF sprite 'x1' is playing animation 'y1' AND sprite 'x2' is playing animation 'y2' THEN create sprite 'Z'

You can substitute 'y1' as'sticks', 'y2' as 'flints' and 'z' as fireplace

• codah Example is closest what i need!

But is one thing.

When i add to your sprite new animation a3, i test project and when mark is overlapping for example a2 & a3, object was created even if condition is a1 and a2

PS i never use pick count on my games im amateur in this

• I don't have r194 just yet so I didn't open the file.

Try this modification. We have to keep checking for overlapping the marker after 'resetting' the picking by 'pick all'.

[attachment=0:1sh7cnko][/attachment:1sh7cnko]

edit: I've also made some other 'enhancements'. You can now remove the marker, and re-create it, thus creating more of sprite 'z'

• codah hurray! its working finally i make few tests and working fine!

Codah if i want make this but for three animations i just must change Slot.PickedCount2 to Slot.PickedCount3 right? and copy subevent condition of course

• codah hurray! its working finally i make few tests and working fine!

Codah if i want make this but for three animations i just must change Slot.PickedCount2 to Slot.PickedCount3 right? and copy subevent condition of course

hmm if you want the user to select 3 objects to make the final object, then yes.

To be honest I would probably introduce a variable or two, as needed, and not try and do everything in one big event/subevent group. But if it's working, good. (I removed the Sprite.PickedCount=1 check in my last version because they are probably unnecessary if you cannot have more than 1 of the same object type in different slots).

• codah can i have one more question?

• Of course, go for it

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • codah I try mke 2 similiar group of events first is with use 2 slots and second is with use 4 slots. This second with 4 slots cant work if first group of events is enabled but when i toggle disable, works.

• codah I try mke 2 similiar group of events first is with use 2 slots and second is with use 4 slots. This second with 4 slots cant work if first group of events is enabled but when i toggle disable, works.

That's getting too complicated. Try this

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)