How to use Google Play Multiplayer API? Any other alternate?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I made a real-time multiplayer game with construct 2's multiplayer object, but as it turns out,it uses webRTC and cocoon canvas+ dont support it ,also it causes problems with android versions 4.4 and lower,so

1>> How to use Google Play Multiplayer API in construct 2 as a on of games on play store are using it and it

looks great! but icould not find anywhere a topic on how to integrate it with construct 2..so can anyone help

please???

2>> is there any other alternative to multiplayer object to make multiplayer game?

• Ashley could you please help me here???

• What kind of game are you building?

• That would be very interesting! Is the multiplayer Support free?

• Hi gumshoe2029 ,

I am trying to make a one on one multiplayer challenge real-time game with multiplayer,

....it can be explained like two players playing flappy birds on same screen but with their separate players and scores (kinda split screens)....

but multiplayer object of construct 2 is laggy,so was wondering to use google multiplayer api in construct 2 , any ideas if that's even possible or not?

HI Xh3maa

Yes it is free

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Anything is possible with enough work and knowledge.

The Construct2 multiplayer plugin uses a peer-to-peer architecture; so if your players are on opposite sides of the world or the connection between them is bad, it will lag.

What you are proposing is moving to a centralized server architecture with the Google multiplayer API as your server. The problem with this approach is that specific games require specific server-side programs to process information, and Google has no concept of what your specific implementation will be ahead of time. I suspect you will find more work this way.

• Hi gumshoe2029 thank you for replying....

First of all i played the game with myself, ie. not on opposite sides of world, both devices were in same room with a good internet connection still it was laggy for the peer, i dont know how to compensate lag ,i tried the tutorial but can't understand the compensation thing , so if anyone can help me understand that please do help!

Second of all ,all i asked is if we can use google play multiplayer api in construct 2 or not, as it is very lag free and easy!

Thank you

• First of all i played the game with myself, ie. not on opposite sides of world

Then you are doing something wrong. I am not experienced with the Multiplayer plugin, because my current project uses a centralized cloud server.

Second of all ,all i asked is if we can use google play multiplayer api in construct 2 or not, as it is very lag free and easy!

It looks like you can use Google API, you just use AJAX requests to their REST API service.

https://developers.google.com/games/ser ... ingstarted

You would have to do more research on this area though, because it is not my area of expertise, since I program all of my own server-side applications.

• gumshoe2029

Thank you for your advice! but it is not google api ,its Google Multiplayer API i am talking about,there is a difference.

Anyone else who knows or wanna throw some light on this topic "how to use google multiplayer api" is most welcome!

Ashley Could you help us please?

Thank you

• gumshoe2029

Thank you for your advice! but it is not google api ,its Google Multiplayer API i am talking about,there is a difference.

Yea, I am just lazy in my typing sometimes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)