How to make a spinwheel (like Wheel of Fortune)?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
An interesting game in the style of gambling. The game is easy to redesign.
  • Hey all,

I'm trying to make a spinwheel like Wheel of Fortune, where the wheel is in the middle with several pegs around the edges. As the pegs hit the rudder I want to slow the rotation. I haven't gotten that far though as I can't for the life of me get the rudder to work properly. I want it so the pegs will just push past the rudder, which will snap back into place. What I have so far is a rudder that spins too far and also gets stuck in the hinge.

Capx:

dropbox.com/s/b4zj3epzw13ensm/spinwheel.capx

I am really not good with physics and have tried this is several ways. Maybe there is a better/easier way to do it without physics, but right now I'm coming up with blanks. Any ideas would be appreciated!

• This is something I personally wouldn't use physics for. Get an image of the wheel with pegs, and an animation of the peg flicking. position them properly then you will be able to set up a formula which takes angular position, number of pegs, and wheel radius into account to make the peg flick at the right moment. Don'thave time to work out the formula right now but mention me with sqiddster and I'll help you work it out if this math isn't your strong point.

• Alrighty, thanks mate. I'll try a dabble myself, but I expect you'll be called upon - thanks for the offer!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I remember seeing a sample capx floating around a few months back called "wheel of misfortune" or something. It used a physics object and the pointer as a joint I think.

• Thanks EyeHawk! I found it here: scirra.com/forum/wheel-of-fortune_topic49399.html

I think I can combine one of those methods with some of Sqiddster's advice and come up with something that suits my needs.

• Oh wow this is awesome. Thanks for the thread and thanks for the link to the the physics version. I wanted to throw a spinning wheel or some slot machine in my game and now I'm all set and know that the wheel is the wheel to go.

• I'm also trying to make a spinwheel game where the wheel is with several gifts around the edges.When I shake the phone wheel start spinning and then after few seconds I want to slow the rotation. And at the end I would like to identify the gift, which points to the arrow. So far I'm good detecting phone shake. I tried to spin the wheel but so far no luck.

Tobye Do you have a .capx file which I can use to get an idea about this.

Capx:

windsorsolutions.co/games/wheel.capx

Please help. Thanks

• I'm also trying to make a spinwheel game where the wheel is with several gifts around the edges.When I shake the phone wheel start spinning and then after few seconds I want to slow the rotation. And at the end I would like to identify the gift, which points to the arrow. So far I'm good detecting phone shake. I tried to spin the wheel but so far no luck.

Tobye Do you have a .capx file which I can use to get an idea about this.

Capx:

https://windsorsolutions.co/games/wheel.capx

Please help. Thanks

kanishka3001

This thread is 5 years old and Tobye hasn't been on the forum for over 2 years.

• yes you are right..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)