How to make a goal and make layouts bigger?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Okay i want to know if you can make your layouts bigger. The default size is far from the size i would want my levels to be. I have tried changing the numbers to higher numbers in layout size in properties. But that doesn't make the game bigger wh

en i test it afterwards. The layout is the lined rectangle in the bigger picture. Sizing the layout only seems to make the space around the layout bigger not the inlined part that you only can play. So how to make the playable layout bigger?

"Update" I know now how to make the playable layer bigger. The problem is that the game shows the entire layer when you play it so everything get's tiny. I want to know how you make it just show a little part of the layer, mainly the part where your playable character is.

Next question is how to make a goal. Each layout is a level. I want to know how i can make a object that will make we go from my first layout to my second layout. The object will be placed at the end of the level so when i got it i have beaten the level and procced to the next. So far i only know how to play the layouts individually. Can you make them connect like this or not?

• The size of the layout is the white canvas, you change its size at the layout properties menu. The size of the screen however (which is the dotted retangle) you can change at the project properties. Just click at your project folder at the menu on the right and you'll be able to see it.

About the goal thing. It's quite simple, all you need is an object to be your goal, it can be a castle, a door, a sign, a flag or even nothing. Just place a invisible object at the end of the layout and it shall do the trick.

Set a condition to trigger when the player collides with this object, then you can either call the function "go to next layout" or you can use "go to layout "name" ".

Hope it helps

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have the 'RTFM' badge, but you obviously cannot have read the manual prroperly.

What you are asking is essentially the difference between the Project Windows size and the Layout size.

Your second question is even easier if you have looked at any tutorial. There is a System Action called 'Go to Layout' which you can utilize by have a condition that tests for a particular thing happening, such as a collision with an 'end of level' object, for instance.

My sincere advise - try at least 1 or 2 of the most popular tutorials. You will find they are a valuable learning resource.

• The size of the layout is the white canvas, you change its size at the layout properties menu. The size of the screen however (which is the dotted retangle) you can change at the project properties. Just click at your project folder at the menu on the right and you'll be able to see it.

About the goal thing. It's quite simple, all you need is an object to be your goal, it can be a castle, a door, a sign, a flag or even nothing. Just place a invisible object at the end of the layout and it shall do the trick.

Set a condition to trigger when the player collides with this object, then you can either call the function "go to next layout" or you can use "go to layout "name" ".

Hope it helps[/quote > > I could change the layout size but when i play the screen get's zoomed out so everything get's tiny and you can't see what you are doing. Can you keep the same zoom when you make the layout bigger? I see alot of options but i can't see anything that change your zoom.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)