How to Autogenerate Pillars in an Autorunner every 24 HOURS?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I’m attempting to make my autorunner game multiplayer compatiable, but the randomly generate drama platforms interfere with the multiplayer as each player has a different randomly generated layout when I want them all to be the same. Help is much appreciated.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Instead of "true random" you can use Seed Random plugin:

If you define the seed based on the current date and then generate level, it will be the same for all players.

You just need to take into account possible time difference (maybe use GST or UTC time instead of local time on player's device).

• Instead of "true random" you can use Seed Random plugin:

If you generate the seed based on the current date and then generate level, it will be the same for all players.

You just need to take into account possible time difference (maybe use GST or UTC time instead of local time on player's device).

Sweet I’ll check this out, also time zones may be a minor problem but I have it covered.

• There is a similar plugin - RandomPlus.

But I recommend Seed Random - the beauty of this plugin is that it modifies the built-in random generator in C2. You simply install it, define the seed and don't have to change anything else in your code.

• There is a similar plugin - RandomPlus.

But I recommend Seed Random - the beauty of this plugin is that it modifies the built-in random generator in C2. You simply install it, define the seed and don't have to change anything else in your code.

Both Dropbox files are gone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)