How do you make a sprite unpin and move forward?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • I want my sprite to be able to pin to a object and be able to jump off it, move forward from it or something similiar. The problem is when teh sprite unpins, it just falls off straigth down always. I have tried making it set platform vector y or platform vector x when it unpins but it still just falls straigth down.

• I want my player sprite to be able to be pinned to a another sprite and jump off the sprite whit the platform behavior. I tried making this event:

Event: Player sprite is pinned

Sub Event: On up arrow pressed

Action: Unpin

Action: Set platform vector y to -950

Action: Set platform vector x to -950

The problem is that when i unpin from the sprite the player sprite does not jump off and just falls straigth down. Is there any way to solve this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Maybe add a slight delay? Like a subsecond, so the vector velocity doesn't activate it while pinned.

• Set the other object as platform as well. It will move with the player. Also you can try the pin/anchor options. They have worked for me on the game I have released.

Alternatively, send us your Construct 2 file and we ( the community [some of us actually care] ) can help you further.

• Whenever I have a problem with the pin behavior I instead tell the object to position to another objects position every tick with the set position and:

[object].ImagePointX("[imagepoint") [object].ImagePointY("[imagepoint")

• Whenever I have a problem with the pin behavior I instead tell the object to position to another objects position every tick with the set position and:

[object].ImagePointX("[imagepoint") > [object].ImagePointY("[imagepoint") > Best answer. My player sprite can now set it's position to another sprite and jump off it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)