How do you make a conveyer belt?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I know that i am asking alot today but i a haven't used Construct 2 in a while so i am eager to get alot of things done today. A conveyer belt is a type of floor that pushes the player in a set direction. If the conveyer belt is moving the opposite direction of the player the player need to move faster then it otherwise it will not be able to move forwards. If the conveyer belt moves in the same direction as the player, the player can gain speed on it. Depending on which games you played your knowledge of a conveyer belt may be different but i hope my explonation was enough. I think you have to make the floor have a accaleration that,s a certain amount you need to pass or something. How do you make a conveyer belt exactly?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I guess the easiest would be something like:

Player is overlapping ConveyerBelt

player set x - self.x-5

Not sure if you would need normal overlapping or overlapping at offset, but the rest remains the same..

• I guess the easiest would be something like:

Player is overlapping ConveyerBelt

> player set x - self.x-5

Not sure if you would need normal overlapping or overlapping at offset, but the rest remains the same..

That was alot more simple then i thaugth. I thaugth making a conveyer belt was going to advanced stuff. I choosed player overlapping conveyer belt and then player set x and wrote in self.X-5. The conveyer belt doesn't do anything. I tested whit compare at offset and choosed Sprite43 instead of self and the conveyer belt still doesn't do anything. So i either did something wrong or need something else.

• > I guess the easiest would be something like:

>

> Player is overlapping ConveyerBelt

> > player set x - self.x-5

>

> Not sure if you would need normal overlapping or overlapping at offset, but the rest remains the same..

>

That was alot more simple then i thaugth. I thaugth making a conveyer belt was going to advanced stuff. I choosed player overlapping conveyer belt and then player set x and wrote in self.X-5. The conveyer belt doesn't do anything. I tested whit compare at offset and choosed Sprite43 instead of self and the conveyer belt still doesn't do anything. So i either did something wrong or need something else.

I guess you did something wrong:

Conveyer Belt

• >

> > I guess the easiest would be something like:

> >

> > Player is overlapping ConveyerBelt

> > > player set x - self.x-5

> >

> > Not sure if you would need normal overlapping or overlapping at offset, but the rest remains the same..

> >

>

> That was alot more simple then i thaugth. I thaugth making a conveyer belt was going to advanced stuff. I choosed player overlapping conveyer belt and then player set x and wrote in self.X-5. The conveyer belt doesn't do anything. I tested whit compare at offset and choosed Sprite43 instead of self and the conveyer belt still doesn't do anything. So i either did something wrong or need something else.

>

I guess you did something wrong:

Conveyer Belt

I don't want to look into other poeples projects. Here is my event sheet for the coveyer belt though. That should help you understand.

http://postimg.org/image/yphqv4mod/

• I don't want to look into other poeples projects. Here is my event sheet for the coveyer belt though. That should help you understand.

http://postimg.org/image/yphqv4mod/

I made an example for you..

Specifically to answer your question, but you don't want to look at it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)