How do the 'Platformer' functions reset double jumping?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on candies, collect candies and earn score!!!
  • TL;DR: When using the default platformer functions, falling before jumping breaks double jumping. How can I fix this? Also, is triple jumping possible?

Title probably doesn't explain very well, but I'm trying to figure out how when using the built-in platformer functions I can control when jumping & double jumping is triggered. I want to be able to be able to set when additional jumps can be done. Currently double jumping seems broken.

For example, if you do the following:

Launch the Platformer Template > Click the player > Enable "double jumping" under Behaviors

You'll notice some things:

• Jumping from solid ground allows you to double jump
    • Without jumping, if you fall off an object you can jump but you can't double jump.

This could simply be that by default falling either counts as a jump, or disables double jumping. Though if you set "If player is falling > Double jump enabled" this doesn't allow you to double jump after falling. So it seems like falling off a ledge is registered as your first of two jumps?

I can't find anywhere where these triggers/variables are set, or how to control them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can do anything (including triple jumps) if you are willing to program it manually. I don't know anything about Constructs built-in double jump, but I have a few ideas on how I would do double/triple jump manually.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)