How do I zip align , sign and test using cocoonjs

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • I'm following this tutorial.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/432/an ... h-cocoonjs

I made it to step 3 and I'm stuck. I did install the android sdk.

Where do i find this keytool thing? Can you provide the download link?

• keytool and jarsigner from the JAVA JDK

Also where do i find this below?

• zipalign from the Android SDK

I'm not ready to publish to the android market yet. Do I need to go through these steps to install the apk on my device and test?

I did receive the two apks form Ludei. When I install them on my phone they do not work at all.

HELP! I'm lost.

• Ok, there's two apk files from ludei's mail, right? One is named as "~debug_signed" and another as "~release_unsigned". Debug one is for the test, so it could be installed in your phone without signing and zipaligning, but Google Store doesn't accept it. You have to create your own keystore file(keystore file is your identity. Keep it safe.) with 'keytool', sign your release apk with keystore file through 'jarsigner', and get it zip-aligned with 'zipalign' program. The tutorial you have linked is really awesome. You should do as it says.

You can find 'zipalign' program in the Eclipse folder. In my case :

C:\Android\adt-bundle-windows-x86-20131030\sdk\tools

and 'keytool' and 'jarsigner' program are in Java folder. In my case :

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin

• If I could star this post and response, I would. But I just wanted to reply so I know where to look when I get to this point with my apps as well. Thanks for the details with both the post and the answer!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, there's two apk files from ludei's mail, right? One is named as "~debug_signed" and another as "~release_unsigned". Debug one is for the test, so it could be installed in your phone without signing and zipaligning, but Google Store doesn't accept it.

I did install the debug one. it just shows the ludei splash screen and never loads my game.

Have you encountered this?

• punkineo

You're welcome. Instead of stars, you can try my games

Jjanikowski

Have you tried your app in CocoonJS Launcher before sending your zip file to Ludei? In most cases, there were some bugs in my own game.

• A couple of things I have seen in the past cause the game to not load after the splash screen: Sound files triggering that are corrupt or not properly formed (or just wrong format for that platform), WebGL shaders that do not work on that platform, Large File size that blows out memory when the game loads...

• Thanks for that bit of information. So I compressed all my image files to under 10k. I removed my audio files all together to see if that was it. I'm still getting stuck on the flashing ludei screen.

I'm not sure what webgl shaders are so I'm sure I'm not suing them.

Does it matter if i publish using canvas/web/gl or webview?

All my images are pngs but that shouldn't matter.

• Compressing the images doesn't do anything for the memory in the game, once the game runs, it decompresses/expands the files into bitmaps in memory. Compressing them only helps in the initial download size.

• I did finally get it to work last night. I removed my clay.io plug in and it worked finally. Ill have to read how to optimize images now for mobile. Thanks for the help. If you care to share any insight on image optimization please do.

Thanks for the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)