How do I use Tilesets

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hello

is there a way to import tilesets and use them?

I really need help with this, plase give a thorough explanation since im not a computer person.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello

is there a way to import tilesets and use them?

I really need help with this, plase give a thorough explanation since im not a computer person.

Thanks!

the tilesets is an normal image (jpg...png) with all tiles in one picture

in contruct2, you have just to make a tilemap sprite and import your image with your tiles... and you can change the dimension of the tile on the properties.... it's very simple, I suggest you to read this:

https://www.scirra.com/manual/172/tilemap

• Wait, what? Im a bit confused, so i have made the tilemap sprite, now what?

• Wait, what? Im a bit confused, so i have made the tilemap sprite, now what?

well, if you are newbie on make gaming or programming, I suggest you to read the manual of construct2..

the sprite, is like a "container" where you can store animation and frame (image).

now, the tilemap, is a "special" container where the picture is split in little tile (you chose the dimension of the tile) and every single tile take the picture from a one picture of the tilemap sprite.... if you make one it's easy to understand, english is not my first lenguage... and with this, you can set the tile in the tilemap (on the tilemap bar)

why tilemap is good?

because with one image, you can make an infinite level/map... and also very important, you can store all of the data of the tilemap in one ARRAY.

and off course, for design the level is very simple... when you have your tileset, you can make all of the level of your game.... 1 sprite, for the level... this is important for the performance to...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)