How do I use pickups provided in the free bundle?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Pickups
$3 USD
3 Styles of Pickups for all kind of 2D Games. Give your game some power ups.
  • Hello there!

I'm very new to Construct 2.

I have downloaded the free bundle, and while I was creating a platform game according to the beginner's guide,I noticed that as well as other enemies, there is a folder named "pickups" and it includes coins,diamonds,etc.

The problem that I faced was how to use them actually. I know that once adding a sprite- be it a player or enemy- the best way is to import from stripes. And the pickups obviously have animation(that shows them rotating) however the stripes provided in the pickup folder were placed rather strangely.Each image has all types of pickups together in one position, and the other has them all together in another position.

I really want to use them in the game, and of course I would like to add the animation too. but I don't know how to add the animation.

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm, it is a bit odd that they were organized that way. You can import them as a strip 8x16, clone that spite as a master, and then manually delete all the frames you don't want per item. It's a bit of work, but it does work. Just do that once in a new project, save it, and you can copy then out as needed in the future.

• Hmm, it is a bit odd that they were organized that way. You can import them as a strip 8x16, clone that spite as a master, and then manually delete all the frames you don't want per item. It's a bit of work, but it does work. Just do that once in a new project, save it, and you can copy then out as needed in the future.

thank you so much! yes I think that would be the best way

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)