How do I Use Path Finding

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Move around the rectangular and travel as much as you can!
  • Hey there,

I am trying recreate an arcade style game like Galaga. Where the enemies come down the screen on a set path, do a few turns and twists, line up on the side of the screen and then eventually fly off.

I started looking at Path Finding but I am not sure how to input the pathing information. Am I handling this type of AI correctly by using Path Finding? Or is there a smarter way to do this? Thank You.

• Hi

Path finding isn't the right tool for such a thing. Pathfinding as it name states is able to move an object to a destination by avoiding obstacles in between.

All you have to do is to store the pattern of the object that you are trying to move as a set of coordinates.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I wouldn't call it an AI, it's just movement on a predefined pattern

The way they did it back in the days would be via interpolating on predefined 2D points stored in a lookup table (Interpolating was really expensive, so they probably just store every pixel to move to in the pattern)

• All you have to do is to store the pattern of the object that you are trying to move as a set of coordinates.

I'm sorry, but how do I do that?

• I am sorry who done this demo but this how path find is done credit goes to that person and not me Lord Shiva

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)