How do I use gravity

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Gravity Square is a game where I aim to reach the square at the polka dot door :)
  • hey everybody,

I'm new to construct 2, and I have a problem that I can't seem to get solved. I would like to make a platform game with gravity. But not like the most tutorials explain (with planets) but what I would like is to be able to change cravity in a square. So you begin normally (jump over obstacles and stuff) and at a certain point I would like to change gravity to the right, and later maybe to the left and so on...

Any help would be very appriciated

Thanks

• hey everybody,

I'm new to construct 2, and I have a problem that I can't seem to get solved. I would like to make a platform game with gravity. But not like the most tutorials explain (with planets) but what I would like is to be able to change cravity in a square. So you begin normally (jump over obstacles and stuff) and at a certain point I would like to change gravity to the right, and later maybe to the left and so on...

Any help would be very appriciated

Thanks

have you tried add actin -> system -> set layout angle feature?

• yes I tried that but the gravity turns as wel

• yes I tried that but the gravity turns as wel

I misunderstood then, I thought you wanted that changed the gravity too!

so... setting the angle of gravity of the object player (platform behavior)?

• You can change gravity on a platform sprite in it's event settings however if you want true physics effects then you need to study the physics commands.

Play with all the platform settings in the events to see what can be accomplished and you can change jump strength, hang time and gravity to get some great floating effects.

• NN81, you probably didn't misunderstand. What I mean is that when forexample I jump against a wall I would like to turn the whole level so that the wall becomes the floor. But when I use system, set layout angle the level turns but the gravity also turns. so the gravity pull would be on the right or something. And I would like the gravity to stay pulling downwards.

lamar, you're probably right, I should study more of the program before trying to do these kind of things

Thanks for the repaly's, must appriciated

• I think I found it: system set layout angle and player set platform angle to gravity to floor (0) degrees

thx guys (love this program)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think I found it: system set layout angle and player set platform angle to gravity to floor (0) degrees

thx guys (love this program)

wonderful!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)