How do I Upload HTML5 To Itchio? (GamePad Issue)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • I have uploaded games to Itchio before but it has been awhile and for some reason I can't seem to get it right.

I have exported as HTML5 and zipped the file.

It loads with no errors to Itchio and displays the C2 load screen and icon but the load bar does not start and it just does nothing.

Tried putting all files together with no subfolders and there is the Index.html file right there in the file.

Not getting any error messages and just does not load and start.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I tried the same game on Kongregate and same problem. Would not load.

I tried my newest game and it uploaded and started just fine on Itchio. So it appears to be a problem with that specific game but not sure what it could be. Will have to go back to some old saves and see if they load.

• UPDATE: I found the problem and I had added the gamepad to the game and was going to include that as an option for play but never wrote any events for the game pad.

I removed that and game loaded perfectly on Itchio and Kongregate so this appears to be a bug with Gamepad.

• Gamepad worked at some point on itch.io

You could add it back in and create some events to use it to check for sure.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Gamepad worked at some point on itch.io

You could add it back in and create some events to use it to check for sure.

I think if I had events using it it would maybe have worked but it was just added with no events which may have caused the load to fail?

I don't usually include gamepad in my games and I was doing it at a request but I would just be aware it may interfere with uploads to some arcade websites.

I was just happy that is all it was because I was pretty frustrated when I couldn't get my games to upload lol!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)