How do I upload HTML to a server?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • Hi everyone! Again a bloody beginner's question. I read the manual and many tutorials and searched the forum, but I still need help. I don't know much about HTML and the like, therefore I have a jimdo-website (Is that famous outside Germany? It's actually similar to C2, because you don't need to know anything about programming, you use kits). I exported the game to HTML5 > I have this folder full of stuff. I open the Widget/HTML kit on my website and can insert e.g. the index.html, but not the whole folder.

Can you tell me which files I need to upload to that kit and if there's a specific order or anything else I might not know? Whenever I tried variations of my upload, the bar would never be complete.

I included an image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq5ndfio0100n ... m.png?dl=0

Of course I also thought about the possibility that it is just not possible with this kind of website...

Thank you already for your help!

Maschka

• Maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I know Jimdo is more a construction kit for websites. You can choose templates and then fill it with your own content. Like a CMS (Content Mangment System). So I don't think it's possible to upload you own html5 webside.

If you are looking for an easy to use webhoster for your Construct 2 games/apps try bitballon. It should be pretty easy to use. https://www.bitballoon.com/

• Yes, I guess the problem might be the complexity of the exported game including images, as well. Thank you for the advice, I will try bitballoon! Maybe I'll contact you when I have problems with that, but I hope this won't be necessary .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Looks like you need more than just Jimdo, coffee and good music.

• Is that something they say in the advertisement?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)