How do I trigger game over?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi,

I've been banging my head against this for days but can't get it working, so I'm here asking for help ..again..

My game has you releasing balls into scoring zones and I want to trigger game over when:-

a: your remaining balls = 0

and

b: all the balls have stopped moving.

I cannot seem to get it to work, either my game over text never triggers or it triggers too early.

Here is my capx. (remove the spaces in the url)

h t t p ://wikisend. com/download/457046/10balls.capx

• I think you'd like it something like this:

10 Balls Improved

• I couldn't download without allowing cookies (no chance) but have looked at the amended LittleStain version.

Good work, OldieSteve.

Nice and simple, with good gameplay.

Now stop being so hard on yourself!!!!

• I couldn't download without allowing cookies (no chance) but have looked at the amended LittleStain version.

Good work, OldieSteve.

Nice and simple, with good gameplay.

Now stop being so hard on yourself!!!!

It is indeed a nice little game..

(added the restart with spacebar-event and highscore setting just to be able to keep playing)

• [quote:2mwaql9p](added the restart with spacebar-event and highscore setting just to be able to keep playing)

You missed to set 'balls' back to 10

OldieSteve

I would set in the Ball-Physic Collision-Mask to Circle and 'Prevent rotation' to No. That could improve the physic and prevent that balls get stuck.

• [quote:1mmh38oh](added the restart with spacebar-event and highscore setting just to be able to keep playing)

You missed to set 'balls' back to 10

OldieSteve

I would set in the Ball-Physic Collision-Mask to Circle and 'Prevent rotation' to No. That could improve the physic and prevent that balls get stuck.

Seems like you were one minute too soon downloading..

Already fixed that..

• Thanks a lot for all the help and kind comments!

Sadly I cannot load the file into my C2 as it says it was made with a later version. I would have thought mine would have updated to the new one too but I guess not.

Would it be asking too much for you to post a screengrab of the changes?

I guess in the meantime I need to contact Scirra and see why mine hasn't updated. thanks again!

• It was made with stable release 216

Downloadable from here:

https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r216

In the meantime here's the screenshot:

• OldieSteve

Are you using the Steam version? If yes, then Steam should do this - nothing to do with Scirra.

If not, then just download the latest stable from the footer of the forum.

IF you can't update for some reason, let us know what version you have - it's easy to alter the file for any version (as long as newer features are not used).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks a lot, I've updated now and I'm running the latest version.

also thanks to everyone that helped, you're so kind.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)