How do I tiled background and optimisation ???

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
40 ambient sound loops. A wide selection of looping ambient sounds for different locations.
  • in order to optimize at maximum my game (optimisation about cpu usage , fsp and memory) i decide to rebuild my game from begining and optimize every thing even if it is small

trying to understand use of tiled background i have question ...

for example to use the paused black screen ( black screen with opacity of 50 ... just and exemple)

what is better for cpu usage and memory

in a layout of 500x500

1-use simple sprite object with black tile (for exemple 50x50) and resize it to 500x500

2- use tiled background (with pasted black tile 50x50) and resize it to 500x500

3-use tiled background (with pasted tile 5x5) and resize it to 500x500

thanks in advance

• You probably won't see any difference in that.

• i'm developping in mobile ...

• Same.

But if you have to choose between 50x50 and 5x5 than better choose between 8x8 and 64x64.

Edit:

Question. On what kind of mobile are you testing this?

• iphone 4 ... because its the cheapest ... and every one can buy it ... specially young person

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • iphone 4 ... because its the cheapest ... and every one can buy it ... specially young person

Better aim for iphone 4s and newer, i tried to do my best to optimize my games for 4, but even the easiest games are working with 25-30 fps. And iphone 4 will not get the ios 8 update, because this device is no longer supported by apple, so that's why im not recommend you to aim for 4.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)