How do I test shadows in C2

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Soldier Test
$9.99 USD
A Construct version 2 & 3 "Stand-alone" RPG game with "In-Game Module" (IGM) integration.
  • Hey All,

I had a plan of starting a free kick penalty game, but struck in the beginning itself. Check my previous question if you could answer. I couldn't able to succeed with that, coz moving the ball forward with a swing is not possible that easy in C2 i guess. But Nevermind.

NOW...

Question : I am testing something with shadows for some new ideas. I love the way shadows work in C2. I have figured most of it so far, but have couple of doubts...

1. I am just using Square and circle sprites and will use solid and smooth radius shadows. Is it possible to test the shadows in the C2 itself instead of testing it in a browser.

2. How to get best quality with shadows. Any specific tips.

Thanks a lot in advance

• Bumb

Is it possible to see the shadows in the C2 itself?

• Use node web kit to test in C2. Its the fastest way.

• Thanks for the reply. Actually, I don't want to Run Layout or Preview via browser. I wanted to See the Shadows in the C2 working view(layout windows) itself. Is it possible?

• I don't think that's possible, not without exporting or previewing in a browser. Might be wrong though.

• Okay Thanks Sqeemish

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • OKAY, Another Question related to the same topic Lights and shadows

I am creating a game and I use many simple shapes(sprites), light and many shadows. When I debug the first level, it gives me

80 objects - 25 FPS - 26% CPU - 15.7mb images - webgl - Is this bad or fine?

Coz I am going to create multiple levels. 75+ levels hopefully.

Mostly with the same sprites (pheww)

But with different events sheets for sure for each levels.

Is it okay or am I making mistake?

Thanks a looooot in advancee

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)