How do I Tag team, Platformer

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your dream action platformer game effortlessly with this template!
  • I've been looking for a way to do this all night.

My goal is to have two characters in a platformer.

One character follows the other until the player presses the switch key.

When the switch key is pressed the character that was following would now be the lead and the previous lead would be following.

I've got it to the point where one character follows the other character but switching the lead still eludes me. (The following I have set up is pretty terrible too. :/)

To get a better idea of what I'm thinking of, this would be similar to Donkey Kong Country. Diddy kong trades places with DK and vice versa.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I haven't actually tried this but in its simplest form i would say give the two characters the platformer behavior and simply swap one on and one off.

Of course there would be more work to be done to make it work more smoothly.

Or are you talking more about getting one to move in front of the other?

• It doesn't really matter if one moves in front of the other as long as the controls switch and the following behavior switches to the second character.

That's a good idea.

I'm going to see if there's a way to set a key to toggle the platform behavior from one to the other while also toggling a variation of the pathfinding behavior at the same time.

I'm determined to figure this out!

• Ok, so using emoaeden 's tut on switching between characters I found a way to implement the tag team function pretty seamlessly in my game. It's actually really great.

The scroll to function isn't working but I'll tinker with that later.

I'm going to try to use the companion tut by Yann to get the characters to follow whomever is leading.

here's the event sheet so far. It's not perfect but, hey, I've only had C2 for like 8 hours.

[attachment=0:2awvgztw][/attachment:2awvgztw]

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)