How do I sync multiple player objects as a group?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hi,

We have bought this game: http //codecanyon.net/item/the-truckphysical-vehicle-gameinclude-apk-file-/full_screen_preview/6978398 (link is for informational reasons only, I am not selling it) (add a : after the http I cant post a url)

I need to make a multiplayer version out of it. So far so good, but what I would like to know is what is the best practice to sync multiple objects as one?

The problem is that the truck is actually 3 objects: 2 wheels and 1 body, and all of the examples only show how to sync 1 object properly.

I'm not looking for concrete examples just someone who can give me a little bit of the right direction Thanks!

• Check how I applied the synching in the mutli RTS template in the arcade, capx included. (under multiplayer games)

That is one method to do it ... but, if your game logic allows you to synch 1 thing and have the logic handle the rest, I would go with that. (less synching == better network performance)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Check how I applied the synching in the mutli RTS template in the arcade, capx included. (under multiplayer games)

That is one method to do it ... but, if your game logic allows you to synch 1 thing and have the logic handle the rest, I would go with that. (less synching == better network performance)

Yeah sync the truck body and spawn the wheels locally was my last option, the game we bought is using the wheels to apply logic on (like physics forces) and also to determine if the truck should flip or not, so if I do that I have to rewrite like 50% of the game. But if you say that's better then I guess I should go for it. Thanks! I'll look at your template anyway just to see the other option.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)