How do I swap from top down to platforner and back

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 capx code source to post on Google Play
  • So the main part of my game is top down original Zelda type game, I want to be able to have an even say you find a cave and have the whole game swap to a side scroll platformer like Mario.. After you finish the level you return to the top down Zelda mode.

With old languages and coding I would silly wipe the screen and load a new for side scrolling then wipe that and reload the top down.

Is this possible? Haven't gotten to the point I need to imolement it yet but do need to know if I can

• And sorry for the slightly weird wording... Damn cell phones can't stop auto correcting things that don't need correcting

• I would just use a new layout for this. Unless you wanted the screen to actually move from a top down perspective to a new perspective.

• I'm so glad you suggested that as I hadn't considered layers as a way to swap... That may sound stupid considering I'm using layers for the top down part but I still think from a coding standpoint. Just got construct2 for Christmas.

Mmmm I'm gonna have lots of layers lol if I use them for each cave on a map.

• Not sure on screen perspective.. To me the only thing that determines that is how the graphic is drawn either top down or side view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How would you separate the layers for both modes and swap between them? Currently all layers are top down... If I add another layer it will be part of the top down game when I hit play... So your saying I can separate say 10 layers of side scrolling and then load those when needed... Then go back to the top down layers afterward.

• Oh wait a whole new layout.. OK OK.. So I can swap from one layout to the next while retaining the character info for the previous layout. If your top down player enters a top down cave, it must swap to the side scrolling cave adventure, when you exit the old layout needs to be restored with your character standing next to the mine

• If I can get a handle on how this works I can do the fine details later as I get to the point where I've added the caves to the top down layout

• To me right now a layout is a game itself... I had no idea I could load a different layout and xfer data between the two layouts as if they both we're a single game.

• Anyone?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)