How do I stop the lag from the endless runner template

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Hi,

I used the endless runner template from construct 2. I just changed the background and the plattforms but now it does not run smoothly anymore. espacially the background seems to have a lag from time to time. I checked the size of my backgroudn image. It uses the power of two and it is not in a big size. The highest memory use in my game is 50mb. I tried it with a simple color background but this also doesnt cut it.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Is there another approach to get the background running infinit and smooth from right to left other than the bullet beheaviour?

Thanks a lot in advance since I tried to find it out my self first, but I just think I am stuck by myself.

• It will be difficult for anyone to assist you without a capx to diagnose.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there another approach to get the background running infinit and smooth from right to left other than the bullet beheaviour?

I had similar performance issues in an endless runner I made with the Bullet behaviour, so I replaced Bullet with setting the X position using the lerp function e.g. Set X to lerp(Self.X, Self.X - Speed, dt), where Speed is a Global Variable set to the same speed as the Bullet.

Here's the built-in Auto-Runner example, but modified using lerp:

capx r233

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)