How do I stop mouse click running over

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hello

I'm relatively new to Construct 2 but have created a game with a couple of layouts. I'm coming across a problem where I have a mouse click event on the main game to go back to the main menu. The text field for this is located in the same position as another text field on the menu screen which acts as a link to some instructions. When I click the text to go back to the menu field, I can't stop it registering the click on the menu page and instantly loading up the instruction layout.

How do I stop the system registering the mouse click after the first time?

Thanks

Mike

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I sometimes add a global variable called "User_Can_Click" with 0 = no and 1 = yes.

After the user clicks on an object (and also check that User_Can_Click=1), set User_Can_Click = 0.

Then, have an event somewhere in your Event Sheet that says "Every .25 seconds->Set User_Can_Click = 1"

That little .25 seconds will be enough that your click won't go through to multiple objects and the user won't notice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)