How do I stop layer scrolling?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Hi

im testing the demo in construct 2 of infinite jump (vertical)

i created another layer for the background, how to tell to that layer to not scroll???

• In the layer properties there are settings for X and Y parallax. Set both to zero

This is also fantastic for front-most layers for you to set up your HUD (UI) on.

cheers.

-Mike

• Thanks if you open that example in construct 2 the infinite vertical jump, do you know where is the option in the events to say the distance between each platforms vertically?

actually i have too much spaces between my platforms and its hard to jump on it

• Since the distances are not too big in the original, you must have made changes..

One of these changes caused the distances to become too big..

Is there anything you changed that you didn't understand what it was for?

That might be the place you should look..

• I just try to understand the logic, what i need is just to create platforms at random heights, and horizontals, but i cant find a solution for making the paltforms not too far one from another

i have this:

system create object "platform" on layer "game" X random(20, LayoutWidth - 400), Y ViewportTop("Game")

system set nextplatform to ViewportTop("Game") - random(20, 400)

this is what i have

http://s10.postimg.org/kjbqfua09/spawn.jpg

• Looks perfect!

How often are you creating these platforms?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • my game is for android i changed the layout size of the project to 480 width, 800 height, and here is the code

• As you can see, the next platform is created when the variable Nextplatform is bigger than the y-postion of the viewporttop and the players y-position is less than The Minscroll variable..

• well it not solve my problem

this is what i get, but of course is random so its not allways the same, BUT it varies so much, some times platforms are impossible to reach too high...

and what i want is not the platforms to be created to hight OR to close from another platform, like in this picture.

• Changing one of the things that define when your objects are created and where, should solve your issue..

Try to understand the events and actions..

What is happening when and why?

• Hi imothep85, you reached your goals?!

• yeah but im STUCK with Facebook plugin problems... i can't submit score....

• I just try to understand the logic, what i need is just to create platforms at random heights, and horizontals, but i cant find a solution for making the paltforms not too far one from another

i have this:

system create object "platform" on layer "game" X random(20, LayoutWidth - 400), Y ViewportTop("Game")

system set nextplatform to ViewportTop("Game") - random(20, 400)

this is what i have

http://s10.postimg.org/kjbqfua09/spawn.jpg

You could change your settings to this:

system create object "platform" on layer "game" X random(20, LayoutWidth - 40), Y ViewportTop("Game")

system set nextplatform to ViewportTop("Game") - random(20, 100)

And you're good to go.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)