How do I spawn new object without it be located on a layer?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • So I want to make something like character creation menu but I want to have many objects there without overloading a memory (Making project mostly for phones).

Here is an image (example only for testing scripts)

[attachment=0:flyi38yh][/attachment:flyi38yh]

So I use [OnClick >> Destroy Character1 >> Spawn Character2 on sprite Postament (image point 1)] (Also later planning to move that to array).

But if I remove Character2 from layer it will give me error. How can I spawn objects without loading all the set of objects in memory and not to make them annoy me being ouyside of layer??? Thanks for your time.

• I think what you mean to say is "Layout" and not "layer". Create a separate layout that is just used to store sprites. This will improve performance too. Depending on how your game is layouts are, you can also disable collisions for all sprites. Put the all into a family. Then Set for the family to enable collisions on screen and disable collision off screen.

Hope this helps.

• you mean like this demo

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow. Thank you both! My game dont need collisions at all (now for sure). So I will remove them and also will try to do character select by animation. Thank you my heroes!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)