How do I Solve This

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • When my character jumps on a wall, he just slide slowly down.

I think it's a bug

how do i fix this?

• If you are using platform behavior, the wall's needs to be solid.

Give us more info by posting a screenshot or something, I can only guess like this.

• Might be a problem with your collision polygons. Usually when I get platform behaviour weirdness it's because I forgot to set collisions properly.

• If you are using platform behavior, the wall's needs to be solid.

Give us more info by posting a screenshot or something, I can only guess like this.

imgur.com/a/99LPl It just slides down or stay like this... i don't know what to do

• http://imgur.com/a/99LPl It just slides down or stay like this... i don't know what to do

I would advise to post your .capx as fault finding from just an image is very difficult.

• >

> imgur.com/a/99LPl It just slides down or stay like this... i don't know what to do

>

I would advise to post your .capx as fault finding from just an image is very difficult.

youtu.be/pWXvPwCycbg There is a video with the problem, but now i can't post a .capx ...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From what I seen in the video, the character slides only on the edge of the platform, if that is correct then it seems there is a collision polygon problem because the platform looks a little lit sloped near the edges, sadly if you are using a tiled background you cannot change the collision so you will probably need to fill the edges to be exact like the rest of the platform, if its a sprite then you can check the collision polygon and adjust it a bit on the edge.

I had a similar problem on my latest platform game I am working on, I had a sloped tile but the player was not sliding on it because it was a tile background and the collision was a square instead if a triangle, I fixed it by changing the image to sprite so I can adjust its collision and after that it worked fine at a cost at slight performance change.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)