How do I smooth periodic zoom in/out

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • hello:

does anyone know how to replicate the smooth parallax zoom in and out FX in the game Jetpack Refuelled shown in this video?

Subscribe to Construct videos now

i know the scroll to behavior has zoom abilities, but i tried and cannot replicate the smooth parallax in and out FX?

if anyone can PLEASE post a CAPX, i'd be more than willing and happy to list you in my game credits in return for your favor.

thank you everyone.

• thank you gumshoe2029 and 99instances2go for sharing your capx solutions with me.

gumshoe2029, i think i many not be using your capx correctly; because the zoom effect is not smooth and the jump from location to location seems with too big of a gap.

99insances2go, your capx was more with what i had in mind (the side to side and top/down parrallax is smooth)...but does not seem to have the zoom in-and-out fx...can you please share a modified capx to include a zoom in-and-out effect based on the characters location? i will do the same using your capx, but wanted to compare my solution with yours to see which is more efficient/intuitive.

thank you both for taking the time to help me, i will be sure to include both of you in my game's credits...if you'd like me to include an email address also, please let me know.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • gumshoe2029, i think i many not be using your capx correctly; because the zoom effect is not smooth and the jump from location to location seems with too big of a gap.

You can adjust the amount that it zooms by. Simply adjust the parameter, "zoomSpeed" to see what I am talking about. If you want a smoother zoom, try a zoomSpeed of 0.05 or 0.01.

Unless you are referring to the mouse pan. You can adjust the equation for that too to be smoother. On our live game client, I use a differential averaging process to smooth out the pan when you are zooming. You also need to make sure that your layout is sufficiently large and that you have unbounded scrolling set to yes, otherwise it will jump like my example does. If you set the layout size in my zoomTester to 10000,10000 then it will zoom more smoothly too.

Our zoom and pan is below:

• cool, thanks gumshoe2029. let me try out your recommendations and get back with you on what i've experienced.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)