How do I simple platform multiplayer

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello , my problem is , i toke the Advanced multiplayer game example in construct 2 and wanted to transform it to platform game , where player can jump , all i have done is replace the sprites with a simple stick character removed the events related to rotate the player and laser shooting , and made the player behavior as platformer rather than 8 directions and edited the simulat control events in the event sheet for sure. all i get is a mess , i test the game i open the game in 2 different browsers and in the host browser when i press a key i control both players , in the peer game i control only my character , but it's stuck in the same position , i move it forwad then it moves back to the original position , and theres a lot of lag , thought i'm used the same code in the example that come with C2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Post a capx. Upload to dropbox as a single file. Link URL to your file you uploaded to dropbox.

This way we can better help you

• Just taking a quick look at it, you have different behaviors: You have Bound to layout & Platform.

Game example has: Bound to layout & 8 Direction.

Also, check ALL OF THE EVENTS & ACTIONS. You have omitted a few EVENTS & ACTIONS. *Lines 71, 72*

If you're going to try and duplicate an example, be sure to copy all of the: object behaviors, variables (if any), Origins/imagepoints, AND the EXACT Events & Actions as they are in the example

1st

Test to make sure everything is working correctly. Then change 1 or 2 things at a time. Testing after every change.

I copied 1 example and it took me 3 days to figure out i had 1 origin point out of place.

Hope this helps.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)