How do I simple change language.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hi there!

I'm a total noob on construct, but I'm not into making games right now (yet), I'm more interested on making a webcomic , where I can switch the language without getting out of the page, and perhaps make the mouse movement trigger the background to move giving a 3d feel? Something like the gif I attached, I dunno how to describe it right better than showing it, sorry.

So can somebody sent me to where is this kind of info/tutorial? I hope my animation explains what I want to do.

Is mean to be read in a regular browser.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can do like this using families (feature present in the full version of Construct 2) : [attachment=0:sivbklzv][/attachment:sivbklzv]

• Thanks coin-coin, I've downloaded the capx too as I'm working on a multi-language project right now.

• By the way, that's nice artwork ferah, and you got me thinking about how I could use the parallax effect

• About the moving background, this is a built-in feature, check the parallax property of your layers. The lower the value, the "farthest" the layer.

[attachment=0:23fiu9o7][/attachment:23fiu9o7]

• I'd use an array or multiple dictionaries.

Here's an example with an array.

[attachment=0:c3osa6u4][/attachment:c3osa6u4]

• Fantastic Coin-coin! I will look it up. I may comeback with more questions later!

Thanks for the compliment hundredfold.

• I'd use an array or multiple dictionaries.

Here's an example with an array.

[attachment=0:2ngxtook][/attachment:2ngxtook]

Thanks a lot! I will probably use it as a template will I figure it out, thanks!!

• Let me know if you need help figuring it out...

• My solution is not suitable if you have a lot of text

• My solution is not suitable if you have a lot of text

Thank you, it is actually great. I couldn't open at first, I just did the beta update.

I have a long long way to go on Construct... uff.

I'll keep you guys posted.

• I think the best solution for you.. is that you don't use text in comic

• Arrays and dictionaries will work fine with any amount of text. Also, using text instead of images makes the whole thing smaller and is easier to use or update.

• I think the best solution for you.. is that you don't use text in comic

I know right!

But

Arrays and dictionaries will work fine with any amount of text. Also, using text instead of images makes the whole thing smaller and is easier to use or update.

But damn! How do you guys got so good at this!

• Wow is gonna take me forever to figure it.

The text part I think I can figure based on all your help, all 3 versions but the other effect I want to achieve with the parallax settings is that with the mouse over the strip, the background should move but on the opposite direction a little less kinda limited to 20-30 pixels I guess, trying to emulate a camera or eye sight, something like the gif this time, notice how the bg moves at the same time in the opposite direction. Perhaps later could use the accelerometer in mobiles, too ambitious!! So if the mouse is not over, slowly go back to the original position (if the phone is not moving same thing).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)