How do I show a Google Play Leaderboard

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hi all!

I finally got it together to get my preview signing me in to Google Play Services.

Now i just don't know how to actually show a leaderboard ( or this is disabled in Preview Mode ).

I actually have the, on start of layout > sign in.

No worries there. I created a leaderboard in Google Play etc.

Yet i miss the option to actually show it i guess?

I can use:

On touched LeaderBoard > Request public hi-score.

And than you have:

On hi-score request complete > ** Show scoreboard?? ** < Thats the one i'm missing.

I can request the scores, i can trigger a action once the request is complete but how do i actually show the leaderboard itself?

Thanks in advance!

• Any 1? Really stuck at this point and i got a deadline to catch

• Actually i did,

The problem is not setting up everything for the leaderboards the problem is i see no option to show it.

Everything is ready and set and works.

It logs in and everything in Google Play Gamecenter but i have no option to show my leaderboard.

The link you send ( the second one ) is something i need, yet i am not using CocoonJS anymore.

But never the less the option you see in that tut:

Is logged in, is in cocoonjs > Open Leaderboard.

Thats the function i miss in the GooglePlay plugin, i don't see any Open Leaderboard action.

All i can choose out is show achievements etc.

That is the only thing i need to know.

I searched for everything and actually looked at all links you send before but no solution.

So that's the problem.

• If there is any one out here who can help please do so. Really desperate at this moment !

Again:

1. Everything is set up

2. Sign in is working ( in preview mode ).

3. When i click my leaderboard button i do a:

GooglePlay > Request public all-time highscore

Nothing happens. That can be 2 things,

It only requests it but i have to do another action to actually show it ( which i can't find! )

Or, it does request it, should show it but simply doesn't show.

Please, If any 1 can help me..!

Thanks in advance!

• I've never worked with googleplay, but if it's anything like other things in C2, it should be something like this:

First you will have to wait untill the request is done..

It's asynchronous so you should have a condition of on highscore request succes (or something like that)

Then you'd have to make the score appear (setting a text-object to googleplay.highscore?)

Not sure if this will work, but it seems like the normal way of doing things..

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi,

Yes thats true i can actually use Set text to: GooglePlay.TopScore or w/e to get a single score but i want to show a complete leaderboard.

Thats my main function, using the Game Center itself just like shown below:

• Hi Allardje,

Were you able to solve this? I am stuck at the same point.

Can you please share any ideas? i tried listbox but its actually like a combobox and looks pretty ordinary, didn't like it...

Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)