How do I share scores by SMS/email/etc.? (Android)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi!

I'm gonna make a simple game on Android.

I'd like to include some virality features, like share by SMS/mail/twitter in Flappy Bird (screenshot taken on iPhone but know what I mean).

Is there a way to call that kind of "native share functions" (?) in C2?

Thanks for you help!

Rag

• I have not seen this so far, but I would suggest you to try to link with some php code like the facebook share button. (there is a good tutorial on that). Basically, you call a php page using Webbrowser action and that php code, hosted everywhere, can call a sms gateway, email server, ...

hope it helps

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Ragtime,

I actually got "mailto:" working across all platforms.. you can see how in this thread:

To save you time, here's the important Info:

Update! This wasn't working on IOS devices, so I needed to encode the text for the subject and body AND IOS DEMANDS AN EMAIL ADDRESS!!!, like so:

mailto:contact@jumpanzi.com?subject=MYGAME%20score!&body=I%20just%20scored%20one%20POINT%20on%20MYGAME.%20Can%20you%20beat%20that%3F%20http%3A%2F%2Fwww.MYGAME.com

I solved the mailto issue on safari IOS!!!!!!! The trick is to make sure to use browser/go to URL and NOT browser/open in new window specifically for mailto....for opening facebook or twitter pre-populated posts, you want to use browser/open in new window.

cheers,

Mike

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)