How do I Set UP animations for my character

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • Hello guys, i hope you help me with new problem. Now i am making character , i have all animations for it like run Shoot in run Sit and Shoot in siting position and etc.

Problem is i dont know how to do it right cose with my ways i am geting what i want buT when i pressing forward and then DoWn key my character moving but if i press fire buton he Fire from the Origin point of siting Animation. also i cant fix the problem IF character JUMP and i press DOWN key he doing sit animation in air. iS any idea how to fix That? thank you for any help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "The problem IF character JUMP and i press DOWN key he doing sit animation in air"

On the condition were you set him to do the "sit animation" add extra conditions to check that is no jumping and is not falling like this:

condition:

on down arrow presed:

player is falling: <inverted to be negative

player is jumping:<inverted to be negative

Action: set player animation to sit

--------------------

Edit: or

condition:

on down arrow presed:

player plataform is on floor:

Action: set player animation to sit

-------------------------------

im not sure i understand the first question but it looks like the run and sit animation the overlap when you press foward and down, do the same as above add to one of the events an extra condition like;

condition:

left arrow is down:

down arrow is down: < inverted

action: set animation to run etc....

• hey, about standing up if DoWn key is released is not worked. But i found one quick answer for my problem u can try it too. its player/On animation SiT finished. Play Animation idle.

its works cose normaly Sit animation is 1-2 frames and character standing UP instantly if not u can make a bit Faster animation speed. untill now i no any conflict with that way of finding out. but if someone know anotehr way to do that. (to make character Standing up automatic after release Down key tell me

• But that one was really helpfull Thank you werry much

condition:

on down arrow presed:

player is falling: <inverted to be negative

player is jumping:<inverted to be negative

• hey, about standing up if DoWn key is released is not worked. But i found one quick answer for my problem u can try it too. its player/On animation SiT finished. Play Animation idle.

its works cose normaly Sit animation is 1-2 frames and character standing UP instantly if not u can make a bit Faster animation speed. untill now i no any conflict with that way of finding out. but if someone know anotehr way to do that. (to make character Standing up automatic after release Down key tell me

right, i thought you have the problem when you run wich it should be arrow left or right key is down + you press the down key swell

but if is just going back to standing UP you can do in two ways,

1way

condition:

on down arrow key released=> action=> set animation to "idle" or stand up

2-way

condition

player is not moving:

action: set animation to idle or the name of standing up

i hope that helps if you post a quick cap it will be quicker to fix

but that you have the problem that it will never stay down on sit position when the key is down, it will just play sit animation and go back to stand up. i dont know the settings you need, but i will have the two options:

1- for quick sit down and up for when im just trying to avoid and object coming to me:

on key down pressed: set animation to sit

2-for when i really need to sit down and stay down because they firing me with a turret none stop to my "head" for example, or something like that.

in wich case it should be

-on key down is down: set animation to sit

-on key down released : set animation to standing up

• thanx, i will keep that in midn if i get some problems with that ways i am using in future. For now i think i found out ;D Its Just too much animations there is about SIT. animation from siting position, then need back to siting animation and then back again to stand. i am working on it alrdy 3 days non stop. Well Main character animation is the most important thing

• Heeroyuy no problem m8,

if you have that many animations maybe will be better to control them by "variables"

example is "firing" and set them to

1= firing stand up

2=firing on siting

3=firing runing

and so on........

good luck

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)