How do I Set Up A Timed Object?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm making this game and the premise is you click on the ghost and he says "Please Don't Do That". If you click on him 5 times, he goes away. Points rack up the longer you go without him going away, but there needs to be a pop up that checks if you're still there every 5 seconds, so you can't just walk away and rack up a bajillion (scientific term) points.

So, I'm trying to have it so the pop up appears every so often (I think I have it set to 5 for testing), but if you don't click on it within 2 seconds, it should disappear and you go to the lose layout.

The problem I seem to be having is that it's not counting both the overall timer and the pop up timer separately.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have included the capx.

• Use the Timer behavior. Add it to the text. On text created -> start the timer. When the timer goes off -> game over. If the player clicks and destroys the text first, the timer won't go off.

You could use the Timer behavior on the ghost as well to trigger every 5 seconds and spawn the text.

• Use the Timer behavior. Add it to the text. On text created -> start the timer. When the timer goes off -> game over. If the player clicks and destroys the text first, the timer won't go off.

You could use the Timer behavior on the ghost as well to trigger every 5 seconds and spawn the text.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I've taken a look at this and spent some time messing with it and reading about it in the Manual but I can't figure out how to get it to work this way. Is there a chance you could take a screenshot of what you mean? I got a timer to start on an event but I can't figure out how to get it to work with the game where it moves to game over on 0.

• Here's a couple of ways to use the Timer behaviour.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Random bump. Ever had trouble with a timer not starting if it was used anywhere besides in an "On Created"?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)