How do I set collision on complex sprite?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • Hi! This might be a stupid question. But is there a way to ignore the collision polygon and just set the collision to what's visible on the Sprite?

For example. I have a sprite of a big maze with a bunch of twist and turns. And I whold like to control a player through that maze and if the player is not overlapping the road but the transparent part of the Sprite you lose.

Setting the collision polygon at the Sprite will most likely take up 100s of points. Will that even work? Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As far as I know, you'll have to do it manually one way or another.

1. Set collision polygon

2. Use invisible collision sprites overlapping the visible one.

3. If your maze is square, it might be fastest to paint/trace over it in a tile map editor and use the tile map for collisions.

• In that case maybe you could make an invisible tile-map over-top of the maze with enough tiles to properly represent its complexity. Or make the maze out of a tile-map in the first place.

• Yeah the best way is the tilemap do your self a favor and find the most common sprite block and make a tilemap of it and then forge the tiny block into mini lego pieces and paint where you want it just like plumbling lol

• Yeah the best way is the tilemap do your self a favor and find the most common sprite block and make a tilemap of it and then forge the tiny block into mini lego pieces and paint where you want it just like plumbling lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)