How do I send text notification to a player from a server?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • The big picture: I would like to send some notification text from a server to a Construct 2 app running on smartphone. Is this possible?

The details: the player will be connecting to the server online. Now, once in a while, I would like to send some notification text to the players. I want it just like those pop up notification on the smartphones to inform the player stuff. Is this possible for the following:

1. Construct 2 app exported as HTML5 running on a server?

2. Construct 2 app exported as Android/iOS app?

3. Suppose the player closes down the app (ex. close web browser for HTML5 app and close app for exported Android/iOS), is it possible for the player to still receive some text notification? Or is this not possible with C2? Any extra server side technologies or any extra scripting/tool on smartphone required?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you found a way for your question? I need it too.

• Suppose the player closes down the app (ex. close web browser for HTML5 app and close app for exported Android/iOS), is it possible for the player to still receive some text notification?

I'm not really sure how you see it with HTML5 app. When user closes the browser then there is no place where message should be sent to. In that case you can send him a message if he has some account in your app (on your server), and he will be able to read it once he logs in to the app. There is plenty ways to do that but I think this is not what you want.

However if browser is opened and player is in your app then you can send him a message using WebSockets.

Regarding mobile version, there is no built in plugin to do Push Notification in C2, but it is possible to do that with CooconJS and some manual scripting if I remember well. Just Google "construct 2 push notification" there are some information related to Ludei.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)