How do I scale layout while keeping one layer the same

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Hi everyone,

So I have a zoom system controller by the player. This zoom system simply scales the layout by adding 0.02 to the layout scale every tick while a button is down. To zoom out it just subtracts 0.02 every tick while another button is down. This works fine.

Unfortunately I also have a HUD overlay on the game and I really dont want this to scale. The HUD is added via a global HUD layer.

I've tried scaling all the layers apart from the HUD but this causes some very odd behaviour from my turrets - they no longer point at the mouse (in fact all coordinates are off, I assume because the original layout scale hasn't changed and everything is still working on that).

How can I scale the whole layout, while keeping the HUD looking the same?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Under HUD layer properties, set Scale rate to 0 and it won't change when you scale the layout.

• Under HUD layer properties, set Scale rate to 0 and it won't change when you scale the layout.

Honestly, I must have looked at that about ten times as I was trying to figure this out! You are spot on, that was exactly the solution required.

Thanks for your help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)