How do I save highscore list?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Project File of my C3 Tutorial Customized DropDown List
  • Hello everyone.

I created a top ten highscore layout using arrays. Now my problem is that every time I leave the game on my phone the entire list is gone.

I tried to use local storage to achieve that but it didn't work. I used "Set Array to Array". Then when I enter the layout with the scores I've done "On start of layout - Set "Array" to Localstorage.itemvalue"

Does anyboday have an idea?

• Question: Are you saving as a JSON string?

• I tried to use local storage to achieve that but it didn't work. I used "Set Array to Array". Then when I enter the layout with the scores I've done "On start of layout - Set "Array" to Localstorage.itemvalue"

Here is how I save and load an array:

The save event (lets say click "save" button) triggers the following actions to save High Scores array (we'll call this "hscore":

Object Local Storage: Set item "hscore_key" to hscore.AsJSON

On Layout Start:

Object Local Storage On item "hscore_key" exists: Get item "hscore_key"

Object Local Storage on item "hscore_key" get: Object hscore (the array) Load from JSON string LocalStorage.ItemValue

• > I tried to use local storage to achieve that but it didn't work. I used "Set Array to Array". Then when I enter the layout with the scores I've done "On start of layout - Set "Array" to Localstorage.itemvalue"

>

>

Here is how I save and load an array:

The save event (lets say click "save" button) triggers the following actions to save High Scores array (we'll call this "hscore":

Object Local Storage: Set item "hscore_key" to hscore.AsJSON

On Layout Start:

Object Local Storage On item "hscore_key" exists: Get item "hscore_key"

Object Local Storage on item "hscore_key" get: Object hscore (the array) Load from JSON string LocalStorage.ItemValue

I'll have to test this on my phone. It doesn't work in the construct 2 preview but I think it doesn't save any game progress and deletes everything after I close the browser.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll have to test this on my phone. It doesn't work in the construct 2 preview but I think it doesn't save any game progress and deletes everything after I close the browser.

Interesting, I haven't tested it on mobile so sorry I can't help you from here. Hopefully someone with more mobile experience will chime in soon.

• > I'll have to test this on my phone. It doesn't work in the construct 2 preview but I think it doesn't save any game progress and deletes everything after I close the browser.

>

Interesting, I haven't tested it on mobile so sorry I can't help you from here. Hopefully someone with more mobile experience will chime in soon.

Didn't work. I probably did something wrong.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)